Land & Property Laws In The Gambia

We may provide legal aid if you have been illegally forced out of your property or rented accommodation. We also help with other cases related to the ownership of property. For example:

  • You have been evicted without a court order or notice.
  • You have cancelled your lease agreement and your landlord refuses to pay back your deposit.
  • The title deed for your property is registered to someone else.
  • The owner of your property has sold the property to you and someone else too.
  • A farmer will not let you bury your family member on the farm that you live on.

What you can do

If you have a land or property matter that you need legal help with, we suggest that you first see if you qualify for legal support.

If you feel you do qualify for free legal support and representation, then contact us and one of our legal advisors will guide you on the way forward.

Leave a Reply